Rules for Responsible Internet Use
Our school provides computers with internet access to help our learning. These rules will keep us safe and help us to be fair to others.
- I will only access the computer system with the login and password I have been given.
- I will not access other people’s files.
- I will not bring in CDs or memory sticks from outside school and try to use them on the school computers without asking permission.
Using the internet
- I will ask permission from an adult before using the internet.
- I will report any unpleasant material to my teacher immediately because this will help protect other pupils and myself.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the internet sites I visit.
- I will not complete or send forms or register on sites without permission from my teacher.
- I will not give my full name, my home address or my home telephone number to anyone over the internet without asking permission from the teacher.
- I will ask permission from an adult before checking my e-mail.
- I will immediately report to my teacher any unpleasant messages sent to me because this will help protect other pupils and me.
- I understand that others may read e-mail messages I receive or send.
- The messages I send will be polite and responsible.
- I will only email people I know or those my teacher has approved.
- I will only send an email when my teacher has checked it.
- I will not give my full name, my home address or my home telephone number to anyone without permission from an adult.
- I will not use email to arrange to meet someone outside school hours.